The City of Campbellsville is seeking applicants for Position of Police Chief
Job Description: To oversee the Campbellsville Police Department’s operational administrative duties; develop, implement, and evaluate agencies goals, policies, programs, and budgets; provide direction and guidance to police, civilian, and communication staff. Provide a clear, attainable mission and strategic plan for the department.
Education or Training: Bachelor’s degree in police administration. Prior years of experience in a supervisory and managerial experience may be considered.
Experience: 10 years of experience in police work; several years of supervisory and managerial experience.
Special Skills and Personality Traits: Leadership team building interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational, self-management, communication, writing, public speaking, and public relations skills: be accessible, friendly, ethical, trustworthy, decisive, analytical, flexible, innovative, creative, and inspirational.
Certification: Police Officer Certification.
- Evaluate current policies to determine if changes are needed.
- Make recommendations regarding grievances filed by police officers.
- Review reports of investigations concerning police misconduct.
- Direct studies of public safety needs for the community.
- Oversee the grant writing for funds to create or maintain.
- Prepare required forms and reports about Police Department activities.
- Meet with the department managers.
- Make status and budget reports to City Council.
- Release information to the news media.
- Represent the Police Department at State conferences.
- Keep up-to-date with new laws and regulations, court decisions, and development in police administration.
- Keep the Accreditation current and up-to-date.
- Any person may apply for the position of Police Chief; however, the selected applicant must be a resident of Campbellsville/Taylor County on the first day of employment and must remain a resident during their entire employment with the City of Campbellsville.
Deadline to apply is January 16, 2015. Resumes or applications should be mailed to:
City of Campbellsville
Attn: City Clerk Cary Noe
110 S. Columbia Ave., Ste. B
Campbellsville, KY 42718
The City of Campbellsville is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
The South Central KY Drug Task Force is seeking applicants for the position of Director.
If interested, please go to the Logan Co Sheriff’s Department or Simpson Co Sheriff’s Department concerning this position.
Minimum requirements: 10 years previous law enforcement experience, 3 years previous experience of Law Enforcement Drug Unit/Drug Task Force, & 3 years previous experience in law enforcement/military supervision.
All resumes should be turned in by Friday, January 24, 2014 at the sheriff’s department. Click here for more information
South Central KY Drug Task Force
101 North Thurston Dr. Russellville, Ky. 42276
Ph. 270-725-4972, or 1-866-725-4974